IT APPLICATION MANAGER EUROPE (m/w/d) – Challenging assignment for a global supplier of custom value-added food products, direct report to the IT Director Europe, Greater Munich region, Germany and Remote Option
As IT APPLICATION MANAGER EUROPE (m/w/d) you will manage and develop the IT Application team of 11 employees in Europe and take responsibility for the application portfolio and architecture of ERP Systems, preferable MS Dynamics NAV, Dynamics 365 Business Central as well as for BI, HR systems, EDI and interfaces, other common applications and their successful roll-out. You will be located in Greater Munich Area (with Remote Option) and report directly to the IT Director Europe.
Our customer is looking for a professional IT Manager Applications Europe (m/w/d) that is responsible for the high availability and security of the application architecture and for the appropriate further development of the application portfolio based on recognized standards as well as valid regulations and regulations, develop strategies for application portfolio and systems integrations while managing and developing people. The IT Manager Applications Europe (m/w/d) will report directly to the IT Director Europe and support the implementation process in a matrixed organization, working closely with the Global Infrastructure team, PMO and CISO.
The role will be based in the greater Munich region, Germany. The IT Manager Applications Europe (m/w/d) is disciplinary responsible for a team of 11 employees. Filling the position will be a replacement, as the last IT Manager Application resigned and found a career option close to his home base.
The role needs a person that is fluent in English and German and has a strong ERP & application roll-out profile with IT experience from a mid-sized or enterprise manufacturing organization with multi country operations.. Travelling to the European entities will be assumed with up to 30 % of working time.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop the IT Application team of 11 employees in Europe
- Build continuous competence of employees in technical and methodological topics with regard to standardization and automation as well as optimization of performance and availability through the use of simple and efficient application architectures
- Develop the application portfolio and application architecture (enterprise applications, databases, middleware, interfaces) taking into account economic and technical framework conditions as well as the valid standards, regulations and regulations
- Implement the IT and digitalization strategy within the scope of your own area of responsibility, prepare of feasibility studies and system change concepts of IT applications as well as develop decision templates for implementation for the management level
- Provide leadership and motivation to the teams / managed projects, in identifying process improvement opportunities and seeing those implemented by working with stakeholders
- Communicate effectively and appropriate with teams / projects / stakeholders
- Organize projects, application support and operations throughout the whole life cycle of the applications with interface to the corporate PMO
- Drive assessments of the overall interrelationships of the software solution to be created with regard to processes, structures, data and user interfaces
- Identify and use synergies between existing and new solutions
- Communicate with internal and external clients
- Prepare presentations and evaluations of alternative solutions taking into account technological and economic aspects
- Participate in system design reviews to ensure demand-driven and business related system designs
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Take budget and resource responsibilities
For over 60 years, our customer has been a global leader in supplying value-added protein items and other food products to leading foodservice and retail brands. It is a privately held corporation with more than 60 facilities in 16 countries, located in North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. The company’s global headquarters is located close to Chicago in Illinois, USA.
The company produces private label foods and co-packs major brand name items for its various foodservice and retail customers. Its products include meat patties, bacon, hot dogs, pizza, fish, poultry and vegetable and dough products. The European business now operates 19 production facilities in 8 countries and is directed from the European headquarters and shared service center in the greater Munich region, Germany. The centralized functions in the Headquarter compromise Finance, Operations, Engineering, Legal, HR, IT, Supply Chain, Quality and Product Development and is supporting 4 distinct business units and gives overall management responsibility for the whole European operations.
With operation facilities located in Spain, UK, Germany, Austria, Poland, Netherlands, Hungary and Ukraine, our customer is a diverse company that employs over 3,000 people and has a turnover in excess of EUR 1.5 billion.
- IT degree (Bachelor) or comparable higher IT education
- Extensive experience in ERP Systems, preferable MS Dynamics NAV, Dynamics 365 Business Central, BI, HR systems, EDI and interfaces, other common applications and their successful roll-out
- Experience of working on full lifecycle implementations across multiple versions of NAV/BC
- Experience of successfully developing and communicating roadmaps of systems change
- Knowledge of common and agile software development processes (waterfall, SCRUM, KANBAN) and deep technical product knowledge
- Experience of managing budgets
- 8-10 years of professional experience in a comparable function
- Working experience in a high regulated production environment
- Excellent functional knowledge of ERP systems, preferable NAV/BC
- Experience working in a global company overseeing applications
- Extensive experience in project and process management, as well in application lifecycle management
- Understanding of project requirements and solutions to manage scope and project effectively
- Excellent planning skills
- Proven successful track record
- Excellent communication skills to ensure clear agreement and understanding on all hierarchy levels
- Organizational skills as well as structured and target-oriented way of working
- Problem solving capabilities, effective and structured way of working
- Self-confident appearance and assertiveness
- Analytical thinking and a self-reliant way of working as well as a high ability to work in multinational teams
- Business acumen and service orientation
- Fluent English and German language skills
- Location: European headquarters in the Greater Munich region, Germany
- Remote option: 2 days per week flexible
- Travelling to the European entities: up to 30 % of working time
Take advantage of this opportunity as IT Manager Applications Europe for a global supplier of custom value-added food products!!
Interested?? Mr. Herwig Huber will be happy to answer your questions: +49(0)176 - 93648899.
Please send your application, with reference to this job advertisement, directly by e-mail to email@example.com with ideally the following contents:
- Short cover letter outlining your suitability for this position
- Concise curriculum vitae, preferably with photo, showing your experience, knowledge and achievements
- References preferably as pdf-file
- Earliest availability
- Approximate income expectation
I am looking forward to your application! We can then discuss the framework of the position and the company in more detail.
.....you will find further TOP job offers at www.it-personalberatung.de